Welcome to Supernova X
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Favourite games?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Edward Graceford

Edward Graceford

Imperial Penthouse

• Retired General
  • 284 posts

Another discussion and get to know each other thread. This time, what are your favourite games?

For me, number one has to be World of Warcraft. Played it most days for about 7 years now. Still enjoy it. Love the social aspects, art style, general gameplay, the lore behind it. I have 12 level 100 characters, with 13th coming in today or tomorrow. I hope to have all 50 of my characters at 100 before the end of this expansion. My favourite part is roleplaying with others in the game. My RP main at the moment is a swindling goblin businessman. I enjoy the creativity that can be had through that, and also having an economy to sell and buy stuff in to earn more moolah.

The original Deus Ex is another favourite, because of the huge scope of the story, and how everything seemed to have some sort of effect. My first playthrough I mistook a friendly soldier for an enemy and shot him dead. Just thought "oops" and carried on. At the debriefing, the chief asked if I knew anything about a dead soldier found in the area.I just loved that there were things like that everywhere. Huge scope to make the world your own, and loved it for it.

Going a bit further back, Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island is another firm favourite. Beautiful game, some incredibly well designed levels and for my opinion the best 2d platformer ever made. I could spend hours replaying the boss levels, loving them all.

So guys, what are your favourites?

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

HuMann

HuMann

Too Much Free Time

• Space Marine
  • 1,685 posts
Hard to say.

Pick up, play through, put down.. COD instalments, Battlefield, LoL, Gears of War, Resident Evil 5 & 6..

Some great interactive fiction ones:
Alter Ego
EndMaster's work (find them at chooseyourstory.com)
Porpentine's work

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

14dwright

14dwright

Skyhook Owner

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts
League of Legends, CoD, Battlefield, Evolve (I play semi-pro and we're trying to start a collegiate league), NHL, and Destiny

High Summoner Braska

High Summoner Braska

High Summoner

• Logistics Officer
  • 41 posts
  • Nation Name:Spira
  • Nation Ruler:High Summoner Braska

Final Fantasy 7 + 10 (super excited for 15)

Kingdom hearts

"Tales of" series

Halo

The last of us

Silent hill 2

Pokemon

Animal crossing

Persona

Blazblue

catherine

Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker + Twilight Princess + Ocarina of time + Majora's Mask

Super Smash Bros. (all of them)

older games like spyro, crash bandicoot, banjo kazooie super mario sunshine.

Edited by High Summoner Braska, 02 June 2015 - 12:14 AM.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

St Mungo

St Mungo

Skyhook Owner

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts
  • Nation Name:Glasgow
  • Nation Ruler:St Mungo

Hello. I dont play this but It's the most talked about game in KoRT at the moment!
Any of you heard of it?

No Man's Sky

http://www.no-mans-sky.com/

http://www.no-mans-sky.com/about/

Immortan Junka

Immortan Junka

SO IT IS DECREED

• Imperator Emeritus
  • 2,175 posts
  • Nation Name:Kingdom of Pakalolo
  • Nation Ruler:Immortan Junka
Aside from CN, I mostly play World of Tanks

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

HuMann

HuMann

Too Much Free Time

• Space Marine
  • 1,685 posts
Yes

Hot on Reddit right now

Came across it few months ago while looking up Star Citizen :)

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Galerion

Galerion

Too Much Free Time

• Emperor of Mankind
  • 1,379 posts
  • Nation Name:blighty
  • Nation Ruler:Galerion
Hello. I dont play this but It's the most talked about game in KoRT at the moment!
Any of you heard of it?

No Man's Sky

http://www.no-mans-sky.com/

http://www.no-mans-sky.com/about/

Yeah there is a lot of hype around it, I'll wait until the price comes down before I play it. I have a suspicion that the longevity implied by its design maybe a red herring and that I may get bored of it earlier than I would want.

On a side note I just finished my first play through of tales of zestiria.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Fie Buster

Fie Buster

Spaceport New Arrival

• Imperator
  • 9 posts
  • Nation Name:Busterian Tyranny
  • Nation Ruler:Fie Buster
Oh! If it's favourite games, i really really love:

Touhou series, the beautiful patterns and songs are mesmerizing, which also act as an obstacle because you only have one and only the enemy has one shot one kill. Mere distraction can put someone off their momentum and get killed. Challenging. Dem 16 bit music doe

Total War. Strategizing your army against the opponent in war, especially if you add realism where the tide of the war REALLY happens. Capturing which city is also a strategy! Capturing a city between enemy cities or declaring war to an opponent with alot of allies might be suicide, unless you're Rome/Sparta then screw it.

Romance of the Three Kingdoms/Nobunaga's Ambition, those Dynasty Warrior or Samurai Warrior stuff? But this time realistic(no power pow pow and whatnot) and based on history.

Chess, reading your opponent or countering your opponent strategy and successful feels really good. If you fail, then you learn something. Im not really good at it yet though.

XCOM. What?

Flashpoint Red River. :D

CN is like, my first strongly focuses on management games, that only few exist in PS, PC and whatnot.

Edited by Fie Buster, 14 August 2016 - 01:46 PM.

Avengerfin

Avengerfin

The Finnisher

• Field Marshal
  • 218 posts
  • Nation Name:Ircworld
  • Nation Ruler:AvengerFin

I love me some Morrowind. Neverwinter Nights. Max Payne. Max Payne 2 is similiar enough to give it credit too. Original Half-Life and its "expansions" if you can call them that. Farcry 2, the best of the series. Oh and Call of Juarez: Gunslinger was hell of a fun brainless shooter. And so is Hotline Miami...

I have 235 games in my Steam library so I may have skipped an actual favourite :D

I have to say the older titles seem more interesting to me. They have an actual story and even unique game play mechanics, like Max Payne there. Newer games seem to sell simply because of their graphics or physics, I don't know.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Lemac

Lemac

Camelflage

• Lord Inquisitor
  • 1,239 posts
  • Nation Name:Camelia
  • Nation Ruler:Lemac

I mostly play Eve Online.

There is a free offer this weekend on Steam, free play, see here:

https://community.ev...e-this-weekend/

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Done147

Done147

Space Inn Guest

• Diplomatic Officer
  • 38 posts
  • Nation Name:Maalaiskunta
  • Nation Ruler:Done147

I've been playing last month on pc Tom Clancy's The Division.

https://www.ubisoft....e/the-division/

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Anadaric

Anadaric

Lich King of The Scourge

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • Nation Name:The Voss Empire
  • Nation Ruler:Anadaric
For me, number one has to be World of Warcraft. Played it most days for about 7 years now. Still enjoy it. Love the social aspects, art style, general gameplay, the lore behind it. I have 12 level 100 characters, with 13th coming in today or tomorrow. I hope to have all 50 of my characters at 100 before the end of this expansion. My favourite part is roleplaying with others in the game. My RP main at the moment is a swindling goblin businessman. I enjoy the creativity that can be had through that, and also having an economy to sell and buy stuff in to earn more moolah.

My DK main is in a PvP guild and honestly I find PvP better than PvE. I used to raid a lot very seriously but after a while I began to fall asleep while raiding (and still pull highest dps). I quit raiding and moved to a pvp realm where I met <Alliance Vanguard> which is probably the greatest guild I've ever joined... Such a great group of people. I only have 6 100s with 2 more on their way. My laptop blew up but once that's fixed I'm getting started on Legion. I roleplay a lot with my ally mage. I PvP with my blood DK. I PvE casually with my destro lock, holy priest, and resto shammy. 

Besides World of Warcraft, I play Hearthstone, Heroes of The Storm, Civilization V, GTA V, Fallout 3/4, Call of Duty, Papers Please!, and Skyrim.

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Galerion

Galerion

Too Much Free Time

• Emperor of Mankind
  • 1,379 posts
  • Nation Name:blighty
  • Nation Ruler:Galerion
I mostly play Eve Online.

There is a free offer this weekend on Steam, free play, see here:

https://community.ev...e-this-weekend/

I use to play eve, you in a null sec corp?

Since my last post I've played through:

8-bit Hordes

Rebel Galaxy

Starbound

Fairy Fencer F

Celestian Tales - Old North

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Talus

Talus

Albus Sicarius

• Imperator
  • 26 posts
  • Nation Name:White Eagles
  • Nation Ruler:Talus

My most favorite game is Ultima Online, The Second Age. Sadly those days are long long long gone and exist only in distant memory. The expansions unfortunately killed the immersion. The only MMORPG I've played since then is Guild Wars and I haven't tried Guild Wars 2 yet.

Then there is Suikoden 1 and 2. I will probably be replaying those 2 games at the old folks mental hospital when I'm 87 years old. 3 was a good rpg but it didn't feel like Suikoden. 4 and 5 sucked.

Tribes. The original tribes, I mean. That game had great PvP. Sadly another game killed by bad expansions.

Alpha Centauri. Firaxis released this sometime after Master of Orion 2. The graphics are 2D and a bit dusty but it's still my favorite Firaxis game. Great tech system, great unit design, great eco and land system, and great everything else. Just about everything is designed to be customized by the user except the graphics.

And, last but not least, my other most favorite game of all time; Romance of the Three Kingdoms X. Another game I will be playing at 87 in the mental ward. I have an existing vendetta against Japan for not releasing the expansion pack to this game in english, and against myself for not being able to read Japanese.

starlord2307

starlord2307

Class 5 Residence

• Imperator
  • 162 posts
  • Nation Name:kingdom of amsterdam
  • Nation Ruler:star

Skyrim

HuMann

HuMann

Too Much Free Time

• Space Marine